Off to College Again


     This is the start of year three for Number One Son.  Moving was like clockwork.  It took about 20 minutes for my husband, son, and myself to load the van.  He had minimal packing, mostly because he never unpacked.  I bought moving boxes and most of his stuff stayed in those boxes stacked in the basement by the Christmas ornaments.  He did not need winter coats this summer, so what would be the point of unpacking them?  Our van looked like a little container ship ready for the crossing.  Once at school, we were unloaded and unpacked in an hour and a half.  While my husband put together the shelves utilizing duck tape (an engineer's best friend), because not all the little attachy things were there, I opened boxes and helped him unload.  Maybe, we were lucky we have a boy.  I saw a few U-Hauls in front of the dorm and some less than happy parents schlepping in their daughters things.
     I will miss him of course, but it is exciting to see all the great opportunities their are for college kids these days.  It seems that there are endless things to attend and get involved in, and he loves it!  I admit that I still ended up consoling myself with Downton Abbey reruns when I got home that night.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts