Peach Crisp with Streusel Topping - Recipe

     Here is a great way to make peach crisp with streusel topping.  When I started to make the crisp, I did not have any oatmeal, which is what I usually use to make my crisp toppings.  So when I was chatting (lamenting) to my sister on the phone (we often talk for hours as we cook in our respective kitchens), she said, "Why don't you try a streusel topping?"  Great idea.  I don't have to run out to the store for just oatmeal.  So here is what I came up with.  I used oat flour, because I like the whole grain flavor of oat, plus it is a better choice than processed white flour.  I also tried using organic coconut palm sugar and goat butter to make this exciting, exceptional topping.



Peach Crisp with Streusel Topping

14 Peaches blanched see Blanching Peaches
1/4 c. White Sugar
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
5 T. Tapioca Starch
1/4 tsp. Salt


     Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.  Combine the peaches, sugar, cinnamon, tapioca starch, and salt in a heavy bottomed Dutch oven.  Bring to a simmer on medium heat, gently stirring. When the sauce begins to thicken and become clear, take off the heat, set aside, and make the Streusel Topping.  Pour the peaches into 2 greased (11 x 7 inch) baking dishes.  Sprinkle the topping onto the peaches.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes with a cookie sheet on the rack below the one with the peaches to catch any drips.  Turn down the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes more until the centers start to bubble. Remove from the oven and let cool to luke warm and serve.

Streusel Topping

1 c. Oat Flour
1/2 c. Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 stick Goat Butter

Whisk the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl.  Cut in the butter, and using your fingers, quickly mix and squeeze until the topping is gravel sized pieces.   There should be no more dry flour left.


Comments

Popular Posts