Maximize Efficiency for the Thanksgiving Shopping Trip


   
     Well, it has started.  The shopping frenzy for Thanksgiving is in full swing.  Just went to the first grocery store trip today.  It was hustling and bustling with people getting their fix-ins.  I even had someone ask me about what mushrooms would be good in stuffing.

     Best tip:  Bring someone with you.  You each take a cart and attack different areas of the store.

     My husband was my shopping partner.  I marked items of the list that he would get with a pen and typed them as a note into my phone.  Then I sent it to him as a message.  He loves his phone, so I thought it would be fun to do the list that way.
     We each went our separate ways and met in front of the turkeys.  I got one 14 pound bird and one 10 pounder to put in the freezer for later in the year.  I like to buy fresh, organic birds and not super huge.  They come out more tender that way.  This year I will use my brandy brine recipe and roast it outside in our Green Egg.  That way I have the oven for other things.

     One more tip.  We like seconds and leftovers so I allow 1 pound of turkey for each person.

Happy cooking!
 


Comments

Popular Posts