The Right Path

This path took us to a waterfall
smooth as glass

the street downtown

my favorite - an old path made of stones on top of a mountain
     Have you ever agonized over what your "Purpose" in life is?  I mean the capital P "Purpose".  Like the reason you are here on this planet.  I have.  I always wanted my work to be in alignment with that "Purpose".  Yet somehow I never knew for sure if I was on the right track.  I chose a path and after a few years was completely derailed.  Was I wrong?  I don't think so.

     I think that it was the right path at that time.  Sometimes the derailment can be a hint that we need to change.  I also figured out how to stop worrying about how to figure out what that right path is.  I think that whatever path I choose is the right path.  Wow.  How can be?

     Here is my logic.  I believe God can work with me in in any venue.  I have faith that he will give me the lessons I need, and if I am open to a collaboration with Him, I will be where I need to be for others as well.  This logic releases me from spending time in indecision and going nowhere.  It also eliminates my stress about choosing the "right" path.  Because I am on the right path already.


     I have heard this logic before put different ways, but it took years before I completely understood it and accepted it.

Comments

  1. Great post..... Love the line "This logic releases me from spending time in indecision and going nowhere."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts