Back Yard Tranquility

     There is something about eating outside that is always relaxing no matter what has gone on the rest of the day.  I love my back yard in the summer.  Especially when the lavender is blooming.  We have a very small fenced back yard.  Along one side is the blackberry bush that provides the blackberries for blackberry crisps.  We freeze them in large zip lock bags and use them at Christmas time.  I have sage, thyme, and lettuce growing in pots, so I can pick just what I need for a salad.  I have rosemary bushes too that provide fresh sprigs for my stews.  The table and umbrella is small and in proportion with the yard so it does not look cramped.  We even set it with china which gleams in the sunlight.  It makes a special occasion out of the simplest meals, and everyone enjoys the celebration.  Today we cooked and ate our pizza outdoors (no china),  and it was a perfect end to the weekend!


View of backyard from house

Ready for Dinner

Sage and Thyme

Growing blackberries and one blackberry flower left

Rosemary

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts