Healthy Recipe Winner - Gingerbread Pineapple Date Muffins














     I won a Healthy Recipe Contest with this recipe from my cookbook, Exceptional Comfort: The Recipes Volume I, last fall.  I entered my recipe in a contest at Cookology, a recreational cooking school in Dulles Town Center, VA, and received notice in November that I won!  I thought I would share it with you, since January is a great time to start looking at how we are cooking and trying new healthy ideas.

     These muffins are super moist and delicious with pineapple, dates, and pieces of candied/crystallized ginger.  I used half whole wheat and half bread flour which gives it a whole grain taste.  I also use olive oil as the fat and goat yogurt to give it great flavor, moistness, and superb texture.

Cooling and ready to devour


GINGERBREAD PINEAPPLE DATE MUFFINS
Exceptional Comfort:  The Recipes Volume I
Kimberly Cawi

(12 Muffins)
 1 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1 c. Bread Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 c. Brown sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg

1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/4 c. Candied Ginger diced
3 Dates pitted and chopped
1/4 c. Light Olive Oil
1/2 c. Plain Goat Yogurt
2 Eggs beaten
1/2 c. Molasses
1 c. Crushed Pineapple Undrained

  Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12 muffin tin. Combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Whisk to blend. Add candied ginger and dates. In a separate bowl combine the olive oil, yogurt, eggs, molasses, and pineapple. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Pour into muffin tins and bake 25-30 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool ten minutes in tin and remove to a rack to cool.

Comments

  1. Sounds and looks yummy. I will surely try this out. Thanks for sharing.

    Lets have some fun. Take the test Your Snacks Personality and find out which of these snacks do you prefer? I have taken the test and enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! What if you prefer several snacks?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts