Salmon Mousse Dip - Recipe

     I love Norwegian smoked salmon.  Often people see it on bagels offered for brunch.  I wanted to do something different with my special treat.  I decided to make a creamy mousse with it.  It has only three ingredients with a garnish of dill.  The sour cream brings the creamy texture, the salmon brings the smokey saltiness, and the horseradish adds a little spice.  I added dill, a beloved herb of the nordic countries, which adds to the dish's distinctive Scandinavian flare.

     I first served this at an afternoon tea with my friends.  They approved.






Salmon Mousse Dip

(Makes 1 cup)

8 oz. Norwegian Smoked Salmon
4 oz. Sour Cream
1 1/2 tsp. Prepared Horseradish
Fresh Dill torn into small sprigs
Water Crackers

Blend the smoked salmon and sour cream in a food processor pulsing on and off until finely chopped.  Remove to a bowl and stir in the horseradish.  Garnish with a fresh dill sprig.  Serve on water crackers.


Comments

Popular Posts