Time to Rejuvenate in the Scottish Highlands


Bagpiper in the Highlands


A Highland Loch

Portree, Isle of Skye

Mirror Image on the Isle of Skye

Kilt Rock, Isle of Skye

     If you haven't guessed by the bagpiper, I went to Scotland for the first time.  One can not go to the Highlands and come away unaffected.  It was like another planet for a while where the land was lost in time unchanged in centuries, yet spoke of the history and people who tried to survive there for thousands of years.  The still fjord-like lakes and round mountains covered in lush green and heather, the peat bogs, and rocks all tell their tales.  Structures of ancient people still say , "We were here."  I came back with more energy after exploring these hills, and not as worried about the usual stuff.  I learned a lot about how difficult it was to live here years ago when the average life span was 25-45.  Stepping away is wonderful and I feel I took a wee bit of Scotland home.

Comments

Popular Posts