Happy Valentine's Day!

     Happy Valentine's day to all!  And a special welcome to my new Exceptional Customers!
     I enjoy Valentine's memories.  Some of my favorite include receiving a new nightgown or pj's from my mom every year when I was a kid.  My dad would always give a box of chocolate in a red heart shaped box.  But I think my favorite is when my husband and I were dating in high school.  He gave me a necklace with a tiny blue, tourqouise heart with a little sterling silver arrow going through it.  I wore it all the time.  I recently pulled it out and he did not say anything, just smiled.
     Even if it wasn't Valentine's he was romantic.  When I had a summer job during high school in the guidance department, I went to my car at the end of the day to find a rose in the door handle a few times.  It made me feel special.

     I like to make people feel special by cooking for them.  Here is my cloudberry brandy cake, that I like to make in a heart shape.  Recipe can be found in Exceptional Comfort: The Recipes Volume I and the "Recipe" section of this blog.
Slices of Cloudberry Brandy Cake

Cloudberry Brandy Cake in a Heart Shape

     Another favorite from Exceptional Comfort the Recipes Volume I, is Chocolate Fudge Cakes in Cognac Chocolate Sauce.  These are extremely easy to make and are sooo good!  They also freeze well too, so you can save some for another time when you absolutely must have some chocolate.

Chocolate Fudge Cakes in Cognac Chocolate Sauce

Comments

  1. "chocolate fudge cakes" = three of my favorite words! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts