Thanksgiving Note

     Holidays are packed with a lot of activity and emotions, as we all know.  Each year I notice more and more how much work they are.  Maybe my plans and expectations increase with age.  This year I want to celebrate with my family by making a ton of favorite dishes.  Why? Because I can.  I can't help but remember two years ago - I was in the middle of IP and IV Chemotherapy, and I still made the Thanksgiving dinner for my husband and my son.  I got tired towards the end.  I tried to take the turkey out of the oven, and I just could not lift it.  There just wasn't any gas left.  My husband was right behind me and pulled it out for me, just like he has always been there for me.
     I am so grateful for my health and my family's health.  I can walk now, so we went to Norway last April and I walked in the mountains.  I showed my son where his heritage came from before he went away to school.  I self published a book, started my own company, and have had the privilege to meet many people who love to cook at food demonstrations at the Le Creuset Outlet in Leesburg, VA.
     I think of all the things I can do again which I could not do before.  Drive my car, play my harp, and walk.  I had the energy to go grocery shopping and dance with the crowds in the baking isle.  I can wield a turkey around without a thought.  And if I feel a little overwhelmed because I am adding more and more to my things to do list, I step back and say to myself, "What I am doing is enough."  It helps me feel at peace.  I love that feeling.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Exceptional Comfortlings!

Comments

  1. What a difference two years have made in your life! How much you have to be thankful for, and your family as well. Congratulations and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts