Grassfed Bliss

     I do believe I have discovered Meat Nirvana.  What is the source of such bliss?  Well, I discovered Woodtrail Graziers at the Ashburn Farm Market on Saturday mornings.
      Their 100% grass fed (and grass finished) beef stands way above the crowd.  My chuck roast experience was an absolute delight.  Chuck roasts are my cut of choice for long slow braising, because the process creates succulent, meltingly tender meat, and these roasts did not disappoint.  The flavor was definitely richer than other roasts I have made.  – And the roasting juices!  The roasting juices were the most delicious I ever had.  I made two, and my son helped himself to almost one entire roast himself. 
     Next came Woodtrail Graziers' pastured Tamworth Pigs
     The bacon smells heavenly as the thicker than average slices fry up in the pan.  – And once again – the flavor was definitely different from other bacon.  I discovered that bacon can actually have a flavor besides that of salt, fat, and smoke.   Wow!  This was a truly exceptional comfort.
     Just when I thought it could not get any better, I tried two pork shoulder roasts.  I used my barbecue spice rub, poured on a braising liquid, and covered them with foil.  After braising for 2 ½ hours at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, I enjoyed making fantastic pulled pork sandwiches.  Tender, tender, tender! – with great texture and flavor!
     Here is the link to Woodtrail Graziers where you can learn more about how John and Janet Bailey raise their exceptional animals!  http://www.woodtrailgraziers.com/Welcome.html


Pulled Pork Sandwich


Comments

Popular Posts