Ham Salad with Fried Julienned Ginger and Dandelion Greens - Recipe

     I bought the most lovely bunch of Dandelion Greens at the store, and while thinking what I was to do with them, I kept envisioning ginger flavoring them in a salad.  I decided I was going to sauté the ginger so it was not too strong when biting into a piece, then next thing you know, I tossed the greens in too just for a minute.  I sautéed them right with the ginger and they were infused with flavor.  I took them out, then placed them on a plate right away.  I sprinkled the greens with some salt, added a quick ham salad, and garnished with some sprouted pumpkin seeds.  I love accenting with these nutritious beauties.  It gives some crunch and nuttiness to the dish, without the nuts.






Ham Salad with Fried Julienned Ginger and Dandelion Greens

(Serves 2)

1 T. Palm Oil
2 T. Fresh Ginger peeled and julienned (cut into matchsticks)
4 c. Dandelion Greens rinsed and dried
Salt to taste
2 c. Ground Ham
1/2 c. Mayonaise
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1 T. Sprouted Organic Pumpkin Seeds

     Sauté ginger in palm oil on low heat in a stock pot just until it begins to become golden.  Add the greens carefully and sauté until just wilted.  Remove from heat and divide greens between plates.  Sprinkle with salt.  Mix the ham, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl, then place on top of greens.  Garnish with pumpkin seeds.  Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts