Spicy Sunday Scramble - Comfort Food Recipe

     On Sunday mornings, my grandparents used to make a big deal out of breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, and fruit salad memories are still very vivid.  I like to make my weekend breakfasts different from the weekday too.  Today I thought, what would turmeric and cayenne pepper be like on a scrambled egg?  I am always looking for imaginative ways to incorporate turmeric into my dishes.  I also had some goat chèvre in the refrigerator.  My first version mixed everything together and fried it up.  It tasted good, but the color was not appetizing and of course the chèvre almost completely melted into the mixture.  So I knew it could be great with just a tweak.  I tried again, this time scrambling the eggs and salt alone.  At the last moment I crumbled in the chèvre and plated the eggs.  Next I sprinkled on the turmeric and cayenne to make a beautiful display.  The flavors all were more noticeable too, since they were not spread throughout the eggs!  Delicious and easy!

Spiced Scrambled Eggs with Chèvre

(Serves 4)

8 Eggs
1/4 tsp. Salt
Palm oil to coat the bottom of pan
4 oz. Goat Chèvre crumbled
1 tsp. Turmeric
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper

Whisk the eggs and salt in a bowl.  Heat oil in a sauté pan on medium heat and add eggs.  Scramble the eggs and when finished toss in the cheese.  Plate immediately and sprinkle the eggs with turmeric and cayenne pepper to taste.






Comments

Popular Posts