Cabbage with Indian Spices - Recipe

     Here is the side kick for my Horseradish Beet Relish.  I made this yesterday to use up the extra cabbage I still had from the last farmer's market run.  So I thought, "How do I jazz up this cabbage?"  With spices of course!  Indian spices to be exact.  And healthy ones to boot.  For me, my must haves include turmeric and ginger.  I added garlic and cayenne to the mix too, to warm it up and round out the flavor.  I used garlic powder this time, only because I was in a hurry.  Feel free to use fresh minced garlic cloves to taste.  I must admit that sometimes it is nice to use that garlic powder though.  You get done in a flash.



Cabbage with Indian Spices

(Serves 6)

1 T. Palm Oil to coat bottom of pan
1 medium Head Green Cabbage chopped in 1-2 inch thick slices
1 tsp. Turmeric
3/4 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Garlic
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper

   Heat the palm oil in a Dutch Oven on medium heat.  Add the cabbage and begin to cook it down.  Don't stir constantly though.  Let it sit a bit to allow for a little browning.  When it begins to brown lightly, add the spices then sauté for a few minutes to distribute them evenly and release their aromas.  When the cabbage is soft, remove the pot from the heat and serve with a dollop of Horseradish Beet Relish on the side of each serving.






Comments

Popular Posts