Once In A Blue Moon

     Once in a Blue Moon  I do something that has no practical value except to myself.  In fact that is probably occurs less than Once in a Blue Moon.  Last night I took a picture of the beautiful Blue Moon.  The Blue Moon is the second full moon in a calendar month.  Apparently it is rather rare.  i.e. once in  Blue Moon.  This was my first attempt at taking a picture of the moon or sky.  I had to learn how to do it without ending up with a white shiny blob in the sky.  I am pretty happy with the results.  I could have gazed at this moon all night, it was so beautiful.  Pure Joy.

     I am grateful that our technology today is such that we can take great photos of the worlds around us.  I went online to search how to do it about 2 minutes before I took the picture and found this great article to help start me out.  www.photographylife.com/how-to-photograph-moon by Nasim Mansurov.  I have a Nikon D7100 and a 140mm lens, not the proper lens he suggests, but I am happy with my results.  No white bright blob.




Comments

Popular Posts